November is National Long Term Care Awareness Month and the Lakeside Health and Rehabilitation Center in East Quitman, Mississippi, is showing support for our skilled team of specialists and patients.
As a leading provider of rehabilitation, skilled nursing, assisted living and long term care for seniors, we want to encourage anyone 65 years or older to have a plan ready should you need long term care. It will not only give you peace of mind, but also help your family plan for your long term care journey.
Providing compassionate care for a wide range of conditions
Approximately 70 percent of men and women over the age of 65 will need some type of long term care support. If you are looking for a safe solution for your parents or grandparents, Lakeside provides many different services to individuals with clinically complex problems or who have multiple acute or chronic conditions. Our services include:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Management of complex medical conditions
- Diagnostic testing, including Allen cognitive screening, Tinetti Gait and Balance Assessment, and Berg Balance Scale to determine risk of falling.
- Therapy gym featuring recumbent stepper, motor-assisted workouts and electrical stimulation
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Respiratory therapy
- Restorative nursing care (following a specific therapy)
- Specialized dietary services
- Specialized skin and wound care
- IV therapy
- Hemodialysis management
- Tracheostomy care
- Pain management
- Psychiatric support
- Palliative care with the option of hospice services and support
- Respite care
Giving you peace of mind and your loved one unparalleled care
Whether you live close to your aging loved one or are miles apart, ensuring they have everything they need to live their healthiest life can be stressful, especially when they need regular medical care. It’s a big life decision and one that you shouldn’t have to make alone. Lakeside admissions team can help you with everything, from hospital transfers to helping you know what to expect once they have settled in to the center.
It’s our mission to provide our patients with innovative and individualized long term care using the best qualities of clinical and social care models. We want everyone to feel comfortable and safe in a setting that offers leading-edge medical care and feels a lot like home.
To learn more or to speak to our Lakeside admissions team, call 601-776-2141.